Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Confessions of a Former Bully








Confessions of a Former Bully by Trudy Ludwig




Nine-year-old Katie's punishment for bullying classmates includes making up for the hurt she has caused, so she decides to write a book about bullying, why it is not okay, and how to start being a better friend.



My Thoughts - This book is actually the sequel to My Secret Bully, a book I have not read yet. The topic is very important right now, especially to upper elementary students. Katie reveals how being a bully has hurt her and the classmates that she bullied. She gives good tips for how to tell the difference between a bully and friend, as the line might not be clear to some children. She gives her readers strategies for dealing with a bully. I like her wonderful school counselor too! This would be good to share with a small group, even a book club. I would recommend this book to students, parents and educators!



*Summary taken from CIP data.